Take the guesswork out of your healthcare costs
When you have a business to run, predictable can be good—like knowing up front what you’ll pay each month for your health plan.
To help you have more control over your healthcare costs, Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona (BCBSAZ) is excited to offer Balanced Funding to businesses with nine or more enrolled employees.1 This may be a great option for employers whose employees are engaged in their healthcare and use their plan in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
Advantages of Balanced Funding
- Easier budgeting. Your business may qualify for a lower fixed monthly cost than what you are paying today.2
- All-inclusive. Your monthly payment covers administrative services, stop-loss insurance, and claims liability.3
- Potential refunds. You have the ability to earn dollars back if claims are lower than expected. 4
- No surprises. If the amount of your claims is more than what you’ve paid, you don’t owe more.
- Enhanced transparency. Monthly reports let you easily understand your healthcare claims costs throughout the year.
Predictable, affordable, transparent.
Ask your BCBSAZ representative how Balanced Funding can work for you.
1Prior to January 1, 2021, Balanced Funding was only available for businesses with 15 or more enrolled employees.
2Medical criteria are used to establish rates for Balanced Funding arrangements. Not all businesses will qualify.
3 With Balanced Funding, composite rates are fixed; however, monthly payments may still change based on an employee census, as employees or dependents are added or removed.
4Any surplus is paid after plan renewal, as long as the business retains a BCBSAZ Balanced Funded plan or a major medical plan.